Strategic Campaigns, Kansas City takes a look at the art of being the Rhino!
One of the best pieces of advice I ever received was to be the Rhino. What does that mean you may ask?
1. At Strategic Campaigns we believe that in order to succeed in any business one must attack their goals and objectives in an almost single minded CHARGE. The Rhinoceros willingly charges forward in the single minded pursuit of it’s goal. One of the Rhino’s most notable features are his horns. He uses these weapons to obliterate anything in it’s way. Following suit the motivated business professional must attack their goal and be willing to CHARGE through any obstacle in their way, no matter how big or small.
2. The rhinoceros also has incredibly tough skin. The rhino is one of the few animals in the world to carry that much natural armor. Any entrepreneur will tell you that in order to achieve great things one must deviate from the pack once in a while. In doing so, unfortunately there will be nay-sayers along the way. Unfortunately winning comes at a price. Hard work, determination, and patience. The philosophy at Strategic Campaigns, Kansas City is to be tougher than the obstacles. They are only there so we can prove to ourselves how badly we really want something anyway.
3. The Rhino Vs. The Cow.
The cow is a caged animal. It lives a docile existence, just grazing on grass watching the world pass it by. The cow is there get fat and happy, at least until the rancher makes the decision that it is time to go to the market or slaughter house. Unfortunately this is how most people live their lives. Toiling away for others, allowing the powers that be to make decisions for them. The rhino is the opposite. He is free. Free to roam, fail, also succeed with no limits. In order to reach ones full potential they must be willing to roam free.
4. The Rhino has a long tail to swat the flies.
Of course there will be pesky unwanted flies. This is a fact of life. Not everyone will see the world as we do, not everyone will understand why we are so determined. The rhino’s tail exists to swat the pests and unwanted nuisances.
5. The Rhino is incredibly courageous. The rhino will stand it’s ground in the face of danger, as a matter of fact he prefers charging straight ahead in the face of adversity. Strategic Campaigns, understands that it takes a specific amount of courage to do well in business. John Wayne said “Courage is being scared to death, but you saddle up anyway.” The world of business can be a very strange and scary adventure at times, but the courageous endeavor onward.
6. The Rhino is very aware of it’s surroundings. Mark Twain said “Most people miss their opportunities because they are dressed in coveralls and look like work” As the rhino surveys the land he is constantly on the look out for opportunities. He know he needs food, shelter, and water to survive. The rhino is also aware of potential threats and is able to formulate a plan to deal with them. As business professional we must be acutely aware of opportunities and risks. We must be prepared to control what we can.
Here are a few quotes from the book Rhinoceros Success, by Scott Alexander
“A rhinoceros charges with singleness of purpose. All energy is directed toward the attainment of one burning desire.”
“Success is there for anyone who will get off their butt and charge it down!”
“We become the product of three things: the people we associate with, the books we read, and the media we listen to.”
“Charge with rhinos, fly with eagles, run with cheetahs, and eat with lions. Don’t hang around with cows or sheep.”
“Don’t let your learning lead to knowledge. Let your learning lead to action.” – Jim Rohn
“Money is not the root of all evil—love of money is.”
“Money can buy happiness, but it makes a poor savior.”
►Go back to Strategic Campaigns Inc Kansas City